How To Enable Third-Person Mode In CyberPunk 2077
Do you want to experience, enable, and play third-person mode in Cyberpunk 2077? That is possible because of the fantastic thing that is modding.
Who has longed for it for a long time? Playing Cyberpunk 2077 from a third-person perspective can now breathe a sigh of relief. In this guide, you can learn how to activate the mode and play in the third-person mode.
Since Cyberpunk 2077 appeared on console and PC in December 2020, the world of Night City has only been experienced from a first-person perspective. The only moments you’ve been able to switch to the third-person view so far have been during your ride in cars and motorcycles. Despite serious criticism, CD Projekt Red decided not to introduce a third-person mode.
While the game still has some construction sites to show and the developers have to nibble on it, the modder scene is already putting in a lot of effort to take the fun of the game to a new level through short-term modifications. In addition to a mod that allows you to change the look of your character, a mod has recently been released that makes third-person play possible.
You can also check: How To Instantly Level Up Engineering In Cyberpunk 2077
How do you play Cyberpunk 2077 from a third-person perspective?
From the outset, it is essential to mention that a mod is not perfect for playing in the third-person mode because the game is by no means designed for it. So expect that V’s movements will not look flawless and will undoubtedly cause one or the other surprise.
To use the mod developed by Jelle Bakker, you must first install Cyber Engine Tweaks to fix some bugs. Then download the TPP mod that unlocks the third-person view. There are two different versions of this for a male and a female V. Select the right one there and extract it to the \Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64 directory. As soon as you start Cyberpunk 2077, you can switch to third-person mode with B. If you press B repeatedly, you switch between four different camera modes.
You can also read: Cyberpunk 2077: How to Reset Attributes, Skills, And Perks.
How to play Cyberpunk 2077 in third-person mode
You must download and set up the JB – Third Person mod from NexusMods to play Cyberpunk 2077 in the third person. This Jelle Bakker-made mod allows you to play the entire game in the third person by moving the camera behind V’s back.
For many of the Cyberpunk 2077 mods hosted on NexusMods, you must first download and install Cyber Engine Tweaks, another mod that is necessary to use this one. Here are the complete guidelines:
- Get the latest version of Cyber Engine Mods from GitHub (click the .zip file under the Assets of the latest version).
- Find the Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the file explorer (its location depends on the platform on which you installed the game).
- Unzip the Cyber Engine Tweaks file (which contains a bin folder) into your main Cyberpunk 2077 directory.
- The JB: Third Person mod is available for download on NexusMods.
- Simply copy the JB – Third Person mod’s files and paste them into the Cyberpunk 2077 installation folder.
- To activate the Cyber Engine Tweaks overlay, start Cyberpunk 2077 and follow the on-screen prompts.
- To activate the TPP mod, press this shortcut to bring up the Cyber Engine Tweaks overlay, then switch to the Hotkeys tab and assign the keys you want to the functions you need.
You should now be able to play the newest game in which you can experience the world (and your character) from a completely objective third-person viewpoint.