Read on to learn what Sea of Thieves Services Are Temporarily Unavailable Error is, why it occurs, and ways to fix it.
What is Sea of Thieves Services Are Temporarily Unavailable Error?
The “The Sea of Thieves Services is Temporarily Unavailable” error usually occurs by a glitch in the game servers.
Users cannot begin the Sea Of Thieves if the server is unavailable or the network connection is bad. Furthermore, sometimes the game’s files break, or the FPS is slow. The computer begins to struggle to support the game, preventing it from launching and causing the error.
Why Does This Error Occur?
- Poor Internet Connection: Games require fast internet speeds as well as specific bandwidths. If the connection is sluggish, the users face this issue. You can address this issue by using Ethernet cables, switching to a VPN, resetting the router, and clearing the DNS.
- Low FPS: The game runs slower, which makes it harder to react to changes. It also impacts the graphics. When FPS is low, it takes longer for the game to notify you of gunfire, which makes it harder to play. The game becomes slower as a result, which leads to “The Sea of Thieves Services are Temporarily Unavailable” errors.
- Crashed game files: During installation, a game is often corrupted or lost in some way. This is often due to third-party software, bugs, or slower internet connections. You can verify the game’s file integrity and fix issues if you wish.
- DNS Cache: The DNS cache can become a barrier to game internet access. The DNS cache fills up over time. It is important to clear/flush the DNS. The networks are reset, and the game’s performance is tweaked as a result.
How To Fix This Error?
1. Sign out and Sign-in from the game.
“The Sea of Thieves Services is Temporarily Unavailable” error usually occurs when there is a communication problem between the game Xbox and the account. This error is easy temporary and easy to handle. So, you can fix it merely by following these steps:
- Open The Sea Thieves Game from Steam
- Click on the sign-out option. Next, click on Start Game.
- The login dialog box for Microsoft authenticator will appear. Enter the credentials and log into the account.
- This will take you directly to your Xbox account. Click on the Let’s Go button.
- The game will be opened again. You can now play the game without any problems.
2. Use the Ethernet Cable
Ethernet Cable can be used if you still have the problem. Higher bandwidth is required for PC games. It can cause problems when you connect to Wi-Fi to play the game. You can use Ethernet Cable in this situation. It is faster and more stable. After this, you can easily launch the game.
3. Flush the DNS
When you play Sea Thieves on your computer, DNS can cause problems. It doesn’t allow internet access to the game. You can clear the DNS to reset your network. Clearing the DNS can help to remove invalid addresses. It will not cause any damage to your system. These are the steps to flush your DNS:
- Type Command Prompt.
- Right-click in the command prompt app and choose Run As Administrator.
- Type the following command, and then press the Enter key.
- Restart the system and relaunch your game.
4. Reconstructed the Router
When the internet service is unavailable or slow, the “The sea of thieves services is temporarily unavailable” error is displayed. Resetting your router will modify/reset the IP address, which could be the source of the origin’s existence. You can also reset the router by clicking on the button to relaunch your game. You can also switch to VPN and change the server’s location. This can fix the problem.
5. Verifying the unity of the game
Third-party software, poor internet connections, or bad download speeds can cause your computer to crash or lose files when downloading the game. The updates may not be installed correctly. This error is caused by the update not installing properly. Verifying the integrity of games can quickly resolve the problem. These steps can confirm the integrity of your game’s files.
- Right-click on Sea of Thieves in the Steam app.
- Click on the Local files and select the properties.
- Click on Verify Integrity of the Game. Repairing the files will take time.
- Start the game again to verify that the problem has been fixed.
6. Increase FPS by Re-enabling Xbox Game Settings
Low Frame Rate per Secon (FPS) means that the gameplay becomes slower, and your system struggles to support it. It causes unavailability errors and slows down the game. You can increase FPS by activating the Xbox game, as the Sea Thieves video game is linked to Xbox. Follow these steps to improve your FPS.
- Go to the Start Menu and type in “Xbox Game.”
- Open the Xbox Game and go to the Settings menu.
- Select Account and then click the Unlink button. It will disable Steam and Xbox games.
- Now select the Sign-out option. Shut down the Xbox game.
- Also, sign out of the Sea Thieves games.
- To re-enable it, launch the Xbox game, navigate to Accounts, and select Sign in.
- Go to Steam and start the game again. You will be asked to link your account with Xbox. Click on Yes and link the account. It will give you an error message.
- Restart the game to see if the problem has been resolved.
Here is a summary of what you need to do to resolve the Sea of Thieves Services Are Temporarily Unavailable Error:
- Sign out and Sign-in from the game
- Don’t wireless connection
- Clear DNS
- Reconstructed the Router
- Verifying the unity of the game
- Increase FPS by Re-enabling Xbox Game Settings
I hope this comprehensive guide will be useful for you. Happy gaming!