The Ultimate Guide To Playing Escape From Tarkov With Friends
Read on to learn how to play with friends in Escape From Tarkov to double the fun.
Escape From Tarkov is a popular online tactical first-person shooter that has garnered a massive following since its release. For many players, the game’s immersive and challenging nature is best experienced with friends. This article will provide a detailed guide on how to play with friends in Escape From Tarkov, covering everything from friend requests to playing offline together.
1. Sending and Accepting Friend Requests in Escape From Tarkov
Before you can play with friends in Escape From Tarkov, you need to add them to your in-game friend list. Here’s how to send a friend request:
1.1. Sending a Friend Request
- Launch Escape From Tarkov and click on the ‘Messenger’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When the Messenger box appears, click the ‘Friends’ button in the top right corner.
- A ‘Friends List’ box will appear, with a text box at the top.
- Type the name of the person you wish to add in the text box and find the correct person, as identified by the number next to their name, which corresponds to their level.
- Right-click on the name you wish to add and select ‘Send Friend Request.’
1.2. Accepting a Friend Request
- To accept a friend request, open the ‘Friends List’ screen as described above.
- In the ‘Pending Requests’ section, find the request you wish to accept.
- Right-click on the name and select ‘Accept Friend Request.’
Once you’ve added friends to your in-game list, you can move on to playing together.
2. Playing With Friends in Escape From Tarkov
To play with friends in Escape From Tarkov, you’ll need to follow these steps:
2.1. Preparing for a Group Raid
- Ensure all players are online and have the same map and time selected.
- Each player should reach the ‘Looking For Group’ stage of the pre-raid preparation screens. This screen will show your PMC on the left and a list of players looking for a group on the right.
- To invite friends, type their name in the ‘Find username’ box or select their name from the ‘Looking For Group’ list if they’re already added as a friend.
- Right-click on their name and invite them to your group.
2.2. In-game Communication and Coordination
Communication is essential when playing with friends in Escape From Tarkov. The game offers several options for communicating with your team:
- Voice Over IP (VOIP): Use the in-game voice chat to communicate with your friends in real-time.
- In-game Voice Commands: Escape From Tarkov features contextual in-game voice commands that can assist in coordinating with your team.
2.3. Grouping Up with Random Players
If you want to team up with random players, you can search for a name in the ‘Looking For Group’ box or join one of the players displayed as looking for a group. Be cautious, as friendly fire is enabled, and some players may betray you for your loot.
3. Playing Escape From Tarkov Offline With Friends
Thanks to the recent Escape From Tarkov patch 12.12.30, you can now play offline with your friends. However, all players must own the Escape From Tarkov Edge of Darkness edition to access this feature.
3.1. Setting Up an Offline Co-op Raid
- Navigate to the ‘Practice Game Mode’ screen in the pre-raid preparation.
- Select ‘Enable practice mode for this raid’ and check the ‘Co-op mode’ box.
- Choose your preferred offline mode settings and select the ‘Start as group’ option to ensure everyone spawns in the same location.
- Proceed to the ‘Looking For Group’ screen and invite your friends as you would for a standard raid.
Remember that the maximum number of players allowed in an offline raid is equal to the maximum number of PMCs on the selected map, typically around ten.
Playing Escape From Tarkov with friends is a great way to experience the game. You can work together to complete quests, loot items, and fight enemies. It can also be a lot of fun to just chat and hang out with your friends while you play.
To play with friends in Escape From Tarkov, you will need to add them as friends in the game’s messenger system. Once you have added your friends, you can invite them to join your raid. When you are in a raid with friends, you will be able to communicate with each other using voice chat. This can be very helpful for coordinating your attacks and staying safe.
Playing Escape From Tarkov with friends can be a lot of fun. It can also be a great way to learn the game and improve your skills. If you are looking for a more challenging and rewarding experience, I encourage you to try playing with friends.
Here are some additional tips for playing with friends in Escape From Tarkov:
- Make sure you all have the same map and time selected.
- Communicate with each other using voice chat.
- Work together to complete quests and loot items.
- Be careful not to shoot each other!
- Have fun!