Master the Game: A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Play Fortnite on Your Chromebook!
There is no official release, but it is possible to make it work. Read on to learn how to play Fortnite on your Chromebook.
Fortnite is currently one of the most-played video games in the world. It is an online video game that Epic Games created and launched in 2017. Although you can play Fortnite on various devices, a Chromebook probably isn’t your first choice. While there is currently no official support for Fortnite on Chromebooks, you can use a few workarounds. A Chromebook is a laptop or tablet that runs ChromeOS, a Linux-based operating system. Google introduced it on June 15, 2011.
Ways To Play Fortnite On Your Chromebook
You can use NVIDIA’s GeForce Now to play Fortnite on a Chromebook. Using Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook, you can sideload the Android version of Fortnite or play it remotely from your PC.
Minimum System Requirements For Playing Fortnite
Video Card: Intel HD 4000 on PC; AMD Radeon Vega 8
Processor: Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
OS: Windows 10/11 64-bit or Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
How To Check The Chromebook’s System Specifications
You can access Diagnostics by going to Settings -> About ChromeOS. The Chromebook’s processor information, including the CPU model name and thread count, will appear on a page.
How To Play Fortnite On Your Chromebook
Using GeForce Now
The majority of devices that have a web browser can use NVIDIA GeForce Now, which is NVIDIA’s game streaming service. Since Chromebooks don’t quite have the hardware for native gaming, cloud gaming is a great way to get Fortnite on your device. However, you will need a quick and reliable internet connection for this method to work. This will help to keep your ping low.
1. Go to the GeForce Now website to play Fortnite on a Chromebook with GeForce Now. In the top right corner, click the Join Now button. You can also go to the login page if you already have a subscription.
2. Click the Join button next to the plan that best suits your needs.
3. The registration or login page will load for you automatically. Please enter your email address or select a corresponding account signup button to continue.
4. Create a new account by filling in the required fields. To finish setting up your account, please check your email. To verify your account information, the page will reload. Select the Register tab.
5. The confirmation of account settings will come next. Select your preferred options in the boxes, then click Submit.
6. Your membership will be verified on the checkout screen, and you can start it in Chrome. Under Chrome, click the Launch button.
7. You accept the terms by selecting the Agree & Continue button. Follow the tutorial walkthrough by clicking.
8. Find Fortnite using the top search bar or the Free-to-Play list on the homepage.
9. To expand the listing, click. Select “Play” from the menu.
10. GeForce Now will prompt you to sign in to your Epic Games account and connect it for a quicker login if you need to log in again.
Once finished, your Google Chrome browser will open and launch Fortnite. You might have to stand in line if you have a free subscription. The loading process will take some time, after which the game will begin. Until Chromebooks explicitly designed for gaming begin to appear, this should be the best way to play Fortnite on a Chromebook for now.
Sideloading The Android App
You must download and install the APK file on your Chromebook to sideload the Fortnite Android app. This requires an ARM processor, which means Chromebooks do not support Intel and AMD CPUs. It would be best to have Android app support on your Chromebook.
1. Activating Developer Mode on your Chromebook is the first step. Remember that doing this will result in a complete wipe of your internal storage.
2. Go to the Fortnite for Android download page after you’ve enabled Developer mode. You can get around Epic Games’ restriction that you can only access the download from an Android device by using Google Chrome’s developer tools.
3. To access developer tools, press Ctrl + Shift + J. To switch to the mobile view, press Ctrl + Shift + M.
4. On the address bar of Google Chrome, click the reload button. To download the Epic Games installer, click the Get it on the Epic Games App button.
5. Click Keep when the Chrome downloader alerts you that the APK file may be hazardous. But worry not, as this technique uses the official APK from Epic Games. In the Downloads folder of your files app, locate the downloaded APK.
6. Click it twice to start the installer.
7. To continue, click Continue, and then click Install.
The setup will be complete. To open the app, click Open. Click the Get button next to Fortnite and Install the Epic Games app to download the game.
After installation, you can start the game by using the Epic Games app. This version was created for mobile devices, so using it on a Chromebook might not be the most convenient.
Using Chrome Remote Desktop
People with access to a PC that can run Fortnite should use this method. To play Fortnite from the PC on your Chromebook, use Chrome Remote Desktop.
1. Click Add to Chrome to download Chrome Remote Desktop from the Chrome Web Store to both the Windows computer and the Chromebook.
2. Open the Chrome Remote Desktop web application on both devices. Click + Generate Code in the Chrome Remote Desktop web app’s Share this screen tab on the Chromebook. A code that is good for five minutes will be given to you.
3. Enter the access code in the Connect to another computer section of the web app on the Windows system, then click Connect. When prompted, allow remote access on your Windows computer.
The remote desktop connection lets you play Fortnite on your Chromebook.
Thanks to this step-by-step guide, mastering Fortnite on your Chromebook is now within reach. Following these simple instructions, you can now play Fortnite on your Chromebook and take your gaming experience to the next level.
But remember, practice makes perfect. Don’t expect to be an expert overnight. Keep playing and honing your skills to become a true Fortnite master.
What other games do you enjoy playing on your Chromebook, and why? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!