Calling all buccaneers and scallywags! If you’re itching to set sail in Skull and Bones, you might be wondering if you can plunder the high seas with your mates across different platforms. Well, buckle up, me hearties because I’ve got the answer for ye!
Table of Contents
Short answer: Skull and Bones is indeed cross-platform! That means you can hoist the Jolly Roger and wreak havoc on the open water with your crew, regardless if they’re on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, or even some cloud platforms like Luna. No more being left at the dock when your friends are off on a treasure hunt!
Ubisoft confirmed cross-play for Skull and Bones back in 2020, and they’ve been touting it as a major feature ever since. This means you’ll have a much larger pool of potential swashbucklers to team up with, regardless of what device they’re using.
- PC: Steam, Ubisoft Connect, and Epic Games Store
- Consoles: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S
- Cloud Platforms: Luna (with Ubisoft+ subscription)
Benefits of Cross-Play:
- Larger player pool: Find more mates to sail with, regardless of their platform.
- More lively world: The seas will be teeming with pirates from all corners of the gaming world.
- Flexibility: Switch between platforms without leaving your crew behind.
Is there Cross-Progression too?
Avast, ye landlubbers! While Skull and Bones boasts cross-play, cross-progression is currently not confirmed. This means your progress, loot, and ship customizations won’t carry over between platforms. However, Ubisoft has mentioned they’re looking into implementing cross-progression in the future, so keep your spyglass peeled for updates!
Skull and Bones Metacritic Scores
Since we’re talking about Skull and Bones, let’s not forget about the highly anticipated gameplay! While the game hasn’t officially launched yet (scheduled for February 16, 2024, mark yer calendars!), we can still get a taste of what’s to come by looking at the pre-release buzz.
- PC (pre-reviews): No official Metacritic score yet, but early previews are generally positive, praising the game’s naval combat and open-world exploration.
- Consoles (pre-reviews): Similar to PC, no official scores yet, but previews highlight the immersive atmosphere and engaging ship customization options.
While cross-play is exciting, Skull and Bones offers another unique feature worth mentioning: Infamy. This system tracks your notoriety as a pirate, and the more infamous you become, the more lucrative contracts and rewards you’ll attract. It’s a cool twist on the traditional pirate progression system, adding an extra layer of risk and reward to your plundering sprees.
So, there ye have it, mateys! Skull and Bones is indeed cross-platform, opening up a vast ocean of possibilities for your pirating adventures. Gather your crew, choose your platform, and prepare to raise the black flag! Just remember, in the world of Skull and Bones, the only thing bigger than the treasure is the glory of becoming the most feared pirate on the seven seas!
Now go forth and plunder, ye scurvy dogs!
I hope this article has been helpful and informative. If you have any other questions about Skull and Bones or cross-play in general, feel free to leave a comment below. And remember, the winds of fortune favor the bold, so set sail and claim your destiny on the high seas.