Yes, PUBG Mobile is cross-platform between Android and iOS devices, allowing players on both operating systems to play together. However, it does not support cross-play with console or PC versions of the game.
Table of Contents
Cross-Platform Status Between PUBG Mobile, PC, and Consoles (PS4,PS5, And Xbox)
PUBG mobile has a Metacritic score of 87, indicating generally favourable reviews. However, it does not allow cross-platform play with the PC or console versions of PUBG. The reasons why PUBG mobile is not cross-platform with PCs and consoles include:
- Fairness Issue: Mobile players would be disadvantaged against PC and console players due to differences in controls and graphics capability.
- Development Priorities: The mobile, PC, and console versions of PUBG are developed by different studios with different priorities. Enabling cross-platform play would require significant coordination.
How To Enable Cross-Platform Play on PUBG Mobile
While PUBG mobile does not allow cross-platform play with PCs or consoles, it does allow iOS and Android devices to play together. Enabling cross-platform play on PUBG mobile is a simple process:
- Open the game and go to the settings menu.
- Tap on “Account” and then select “Linked Accounts”.
- Select the platform you want to link your account to.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the process.
Once your account is linked, you’ll be able to play with players on the other mobile platform.
The Future of PUBG Mobile Cross-Platform
There is still demand from players to expand PUBG mobile’s cross-platform capabilities to PC and consoles. However, there has not been any official announcement indicating plans to support this. For now, players can enjoy squading up with friends on iOS and Android. And console and PC players can still play together. But full cross-platform play remains elusive for PUBG.