No, The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) is not currently cross-platform. This means that players on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox cannot interact with each other in the game world. Each platform has its own separate servers, meaning that your character and progress will be locked to the platform you first created them on.
While the lack of cross-platform play may be disappointing for some players, there are several reasons why ZeniMax Online Studios, the developers of ESO, have not implemented it. These include:
- Technical challenges: Implementing cross-platform play can be technically challenging, especially for a large and complex game like ESO.
- Different economies: Each platform has its economy with different prices for in-game items. This would need to be carefully balanced to ensure fairness for all players.
- Different add-ons: PC players have access to many add-ons that are not available on consoles. This would need to be addressed before cross-play could be implemented.
Despite the lack of cross-platform play, ESO still offers a vast and enjoyable experience for players on all platforms. With regular content updates and a thriving community, there’s always something new to discover in Tamriel.
Also read: Is It Takes Two Cross-Platform?
Table of Contents
ESO’s Future: A Glimpse of Cross-Platform?
While there are no official plans to add cross-platform play to ESO, it is something that ZeniMax Online Studios has acknowledged the player community’s interest in. In the past, they have stated that they are exploring the possibility of cross-play, but that it is not a top priority.
There are a few factors that could lead to ZeniMax Online Studios adding cross-platform play to ESO in the future. These include:
- Technological advancements: As technology advances, it may become easier to implement cross-platform play in a way that is both technically feasible and fair for all players.
- Increased demand: If the demand for cross-platform play continues to grow, ZeniMax Online Studios may be more likely to invest in its development.
- Success of other cross-platform games: The success of other cross-platform games, such as Fortnite and Rocket League, could show ZeniMax Online Studios that it is a viable option for ESO.
What Does This Mean for You?
If you’re hoping to play ESO with your friends on other platforms, you’re out of luck for now. However, there is always a chance that cross-platform play could be added in the future. Meanwhile, you can still enjoy the game with players on your platform.
Here are some things you can do while you wait for cross-platform play:
- Join a guild or community of players on your platform.
- Search for friends to play with through online forums or social media groups.
- Participate in the game’s social activities, such as guilds and public dungeons.
- Take advantage of ESO’s solo content, such as the main story and side quests.
While ESO currently does not offer cross-platform functionality, it remains a popular and enjoyable online RPG. The developers have acknowledged the community’s desire for this feature and may consider implementing it in the future. Regardless of your platform, there are still many ways to connect with other players and enjoy the world of Tamriel.