Sadly, no, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 does not support cross-platform multiplayer. This means you can only play with other players who are on the same platform as you. So, if you’re an Xbox player, you can only play with other Xbox players, and the same goes for PlayStation and PC players.
Table of Contents
- PlayStation 4: 82
- Xbox One: 81
- PC: 77
Here’s what you need to know:
What platforms is Black Ops 4 Available On?
Black Ops 4 is available on the following platforms:
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
What Game Modes Are Affected by No Cross-Platform Play?
No cross-platform play affects all game modes in Black Ops 4, including:
Why Doesn’t Black Ops 4 Have Cross-Platform Play?
There are a few reasons why Black Ops 4 doesn’t have cross-platform play:
- Technical challenges: Implementing cross-platform play is a complex technical challenge, and it’s likely that Activision didn’t have the resources or time to do it for Black Ops 4.
- Competitive concerns: Some players are concerned that cross-platform play would give PC players an unfair advantage over console players, due to the greater precision of mouse and keyboard controls.
- Business reasons: Activision may have decided that it wasn’t worth the investment to implement cross-platform play, as it wouldn’t generate enough additional revenue.
Is There Any Hope for Cross-Platform Play in Black Ops 4?
It’s unlikely that Black Ops 4 will ever get cross-platform play. The game is over 4 years old and is no longer being actively supported by Activision. However, future Call of Duty games may have cross-platform play, as it is becoming an increasingly popular feature.
What are the Alternatives?
If you’re looking to play Call of Duty with your friends who are on a different platform, you have a few options:
- Choose a different Call of Duty game: Some newer Call of Duty games, such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, do have cross-platform play.
- Find friends on the same platform: This is the most obvious option, but it can be difficult if all your friends are on a different platform.
- Use a remote play service: There are a few remote play services that allow you to play games on your PC or mobile device from your console. This can be a suitable option if you have a friend who is willing to host the game on their console.
Overall, it’s a shame that Black Ops 4 doesn’t have cross-platform play, as it would make it easier for players to connect with their friends. However, there are a few alternatives available, so you can still play the game with your friends even if they’re on a different platform.