Read on to learn how to use Alexa as a speaker for Xbox One, PS4, and TV.
Amazon‘s acquisition of the Polish speech synthesiser Ivona in 2013 formed the basis for Alexa, the company’s virtual assistant product. It was first implemented in Amazon Lab126‘s Echo smart speaker, the Echo Dot, Echo Studio, and Amazon Tap. It can be controlled by voice, plays music, creates to-do lists and alarms, listens to podcasts and audiobooks, and provides real-time information like the weather, traffic, and sports scores.
The question is whether Alexa can function as a wireless speaker system. The Alexa speaker can be used as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your smartphone or tablet. Today, we’ll look at how to use Alexa as a speaker on consoles like the PS4, Xbox One, and TV.
If you don’t already have a large speaker in your setup, an Alexa speaker is a great addition. Since you already know Alexa can function as a Bluetooth speaker, you can proceed with the tutorial.
How To Connect Alexa With Xbox One, PS4, And TV
How To Use Alexa As Speaker for PS4
You can’t use Alexa as a speaker for your PS4 directly because some Bluetooth devices won’t connect to the PS4 Bluetooth adaptor. The Alexa Speaker should be connected to your TV in this scenario so that the audio from the PS4 can pass through the TV and into the speaker. The 3.5 mm wired connection is the best way to get audio from your PS4. The Logitech Harmoney Report is an external device that must control your PS4 through Alexa.
How To Use Alexa As Speaker For Xbox
The Xbox cannot directly connect to Alexa as a speaker, just like the PS4. The Xbox’s audio output can only be transferred to Alexa via the TV’s audio output. Xbox’s Bluetooth functionality is limited to compatible gamepads and headphones. Therefore, you cannot use Alexa to stream Xbox music.
How To Use Alexa As Speaker On TV
Do you have a high-quality smart TV, but the audio is subpar? The TV’s sound can be heard through the Alexa speaker. You can set up Alexa as a TV speaker in several different ways.
Method 1: Using AUX
To connect your Echo Dot to your TV, you can use the 3.5mm headphone jack on the device. It is essential first to confirm if your Alexa Echo Dot has an AUX Input function. You can easily link the Alexa Speaker to the TV’s 3.5mm audio output jack using a cable if it does. Once connected, your TV will recognize the external speaker and transmit the audio to your Amazon Alexa. It is important to note that giving any commands to the speaker will temporarily pause any audio coming from the TV.
Method 2: Using Bluetooth
To utilize the Alexa speaker as a wireless TV speaker, the second option is to connect through Bluetooth. This method is compatible with TVs that have Bluetooth integrated into their system. The following steps can be taken to complete the process.
- To start, turn on both your TV and Alexa Speaker and ensure they are close to each other.
- It is important to ensure that your Alexa speaker is not paired with any other Bluetooth device.
- Next, access the Settings menu on your TV and activate Bluetooth.
- Simply say Alexa Connect to give Alexa instructions.
- It will now go into pairing mode on the speaker.
- The Alexa speaker will appear on your TV. To connect the speaker to your TV, select it.
- Your TV’s audio will be played on the Alexa speaker once the devices have been paired and linked.
How To Use Alexa As Speaker For Amazon Fire TV Devices
The Amazon Fire TV allows you to use an Amazon Alexa speaker to play audio, which can be easily set up by following a few quick and straightforward steps. No information has been left out regarding this feature.
- Start up your Alexa speaker and Fire TV.
- Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device now.
- Tap the Plus icon in the Devices menu after opening it.
- Select Combine Speakers, then Home Theater, as you navigate to the bottom of the screen.
- To set up the left and right channels, you must first choose the exact model of your Fire TV, followed by either one or two Echo speakers.
- You can give your speaker group a name and a location.
- A few TV adjustments must be made before you are finished.
The Alexa speaker can be used for your TV and other devices(game consoles), but it is not recommended for gaming consoles due to compatibility issues. Connecting a separate sound system to your TV while playing games on PlayStation or Xbox would be more practical. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below.