Eliminate Controller Drift and Take Your Gaming to the Next Level: How to Fix Controller Drift on Xbox One and Series X/S
Follow these steps to fix controller drift without disassembling your Xbox One or Series X/S.
When you’re out of the warranty period for your Xbox One and Series X/S, trying to fix the left or right analog stick drift can feel like the most frustrating. Some methods don’t require opening the controller, but if you’re in a pinch, prying it open is an option. Even if your controller is still under warranty, this can help you get by until a replacement is sent. As such, we’ll examine some methods for addressing controller drift on the Xbox without resorting to disassembly.
How to Fix Controller Drift on Xbox One and Series X/S Without Opening Them?
Without disassembling your Xbox One or Series X/S controller, you can fix the drift by rubbing isopropyl alcohol on the rounded surface of the left or right analog stick with a cotton swab. Once you’ve done this three or four times, your Xbox controller‘s drift should be fixed. After trying this solution, nearly 90% of users will no longer have this problem. To those who seek a more in-depth explanation, I present:
- You’ll need the following supplies to get started:
- 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
- 3-4 Cotton Swabs
- Take out the Xbox controller’s batteries.
- Make sure the power is turned off on the Xbox Elite controller.
- To disinfect a cotton swab, dunk it in isopropyl alcohol.
- Use a lot, and make sure the cotton absorbs it all.
- If you’re experiencing drifting, pull back on the analog stick on the left or right.
- Apply the isopropyl alcohol with the cotton swab and rub the rounded area.
- Apply plenty of isopropyl alcohol to the entire base edge of the analog stick.
- Putting the controller down for 30 to 40 seconds is advised.
- Replace the first cotton swab with a new one and start over.
- Try not to use the old one again lest you reinject the microscopic dust particles.
- Repeat this process three or four times, with each controller rest lasting thirty to forty seconds.
- Now that you’re finished, you can recharge your devices and see how well your drifting skills hold up in any game.
- There should no longer be any controller drift on Xbox One or Series X/S.
- If the problem persists, either now or in the future, you’ll need to start over.
In conclusion, controller drift can be a frustrating issue for gamers, but it is something that can be fixed. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you should be able to eliminate controller drift on your Xbox One or Series X/S controller. Whether through a simple calibration, a firmware update, or a deeper cleaning of the controller’s joystick, several solutions are available to fix controller drift. Remember to also regularly clean your controller to prevent it from happening again in the future. With these tips in mind, you can continue enjoying your gaming experience without interruptions.