Read on to learn how to fix Cyberpunk 2077 flatlined error. We have compiled all possible solutions for you.
A glitch that appears during gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 reads, “Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined.” Many players report seeing this message mid-game.
This article will cover how you can fix this game-crashing issue. It covers both easy and advanced solutions, so you don’t need any experience to get started.
Also read: All Ripperdoc Locations And Cyberware
What causes cyberpunk 2077 flatlining?
Cyberpunk 2077 might be flatlining because of several factors, but by researching and observing the game closely, we’ve narrowed the possible causes to just a few. And the good news is that your internet connection has nothing to do with them. With so many people having access to fast broadband connections today, thanks to the affordable deals offered by Spectrum, there’s no reason not to use them. However, many factors may prevent Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined and reaching its full potential.
You can also check: How To Enable Third-Person Mode In CyberPunk 2077
- Check system requirements: A common reason Cyberpunk 2077 crashes on startup is that the computer does not meet the system requirements. Some computers may be unable to run the most resource-intensive elements of the title, so it is important to ensure that your machine meets the recommended specifications before starting the installation process. To find out whether your computer can run Cyberpunk 2077, you should visit the official website and follow the instructions.
- Corrupt files: Obviously, corrupt files never mean well. So, if your Cyberpunk 2077 is flatlining on start-up, it might just be a matter of one or some of the files being corrupt. You can check the integrity of your files on GOG or Steam, depending on where you purchased the title. If you discover a corrupt file, reinstating may be the only viable solution.
- Old GPU drivers: Outdated GPU drivers can cause problems with games such as Cyberpunk 2077. If your computer doesn’t have the graphics requirements needed to run the game, it may lead to the game’s flatlining. To fix this problem, ensure you’re running the latest version of your video card drivers. For Nvidia cards, go to Settings > Software & Updates > Additional Drivers tab and click “Apply Changes.” For AMD cards, open Radeon Settings and select the option “Software and Firmware” under Display. Then, scroll down until you see “Additional Drivers,” then click “Install.”
- Overlay tools: If Cyberpunk 2077 is flatlined on your computer, you may be able to fix the issue by disabling any in-games overlaying programs. You can either go directly to the program and disable its overlay function, or use an external program like Steam Overlay Manager.
- If you’re running multiple mods with the game enabled on an Nvidia GPU, you’ll want to turn on the Debug Mode available in the Nvidia Control Panel.
Here are some common reasons Cyberpunk 2077 might be having trouble running on your computer. Before releasing the game, be sure to confirm all the requirements.
You can also check: How To Instantly Level Up Engineering In Cyberpunk 2077
Fixed: “Cyberpunk 2077 has Flatlined”
After knowing the common causes behind CyberPunk 2077 flatlining, let’s look at how to fix the problem. There are several effective ways to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 Crash On Startup issue. You must experiment until you figure out which approach works best for you.
Let’s take each problem one by one:
You should always start by trying to restart your computer immediately. It’s an old technique, but occasionally it works. If Cyberpunk 2077 flatlined on your computer, try following these few simple instructions to reboot your computer:
- Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Go to the Power icon and press it. You’ll see three buttons at the top of the screen labelled “Sleep,” “Shut down,” and “Restart.” Clicking any one of them will take you back to the main menu.
- Click ‘Restart’.
If you’re unsure whether this method has worked, try it again. If it doesn’t work, move on to the second-best solution.
Make sure you meet the minimum requirements.
Before installing Cyberpunk 2077, ensure your computer meets the system requirements listed below. These are the bare essentials needed to play Cyberpunk 2077. Ensure your computer meets these requirements before downloading the full version of the title.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K/ AMD FX-8310
- GPU: GTX 780/ Radeon RX 470
- RAM: 8 GB
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7/ 64-bit Windows 10
- Pixel Shader: 5.1
- Vertex Shader: 5.1
- Sound Card: Yes
- Free Disk Space: 70 GB
- Dedicated VRAM: 3 GB Tom’s article on The Arcade Man
For more information on the hardware specifications required by Cyberpunk 2077 and recommended PC settings, see this source. If you don’t want to check the computer’s specifications, you can use the Can You Run It software, which will automatically scan the computer’s specifications and determine whether you can run the game.
Check game files for errors
If Cyberpunk 2077 is flatlined on your computer, it might be a good idea to check its file integrity. If you approach it the right way, it’s quite easy to do. Follow these steps, and check the integrity of your CyberPunk2077 game files without any trouble. Here’s how to check:
- Click ‘Steam’, then click ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ (or whatever game
- Click on ‘Local files’ and then verify the integrity of the game files.
- Check after the completion of the process whether Cyberpunk 2077 has launched.
- Open the GOG Launcher and go to the Library.
- To install Cyberpunk 2077, right-clicking on ‘Cyberpunk 2077’, choose ‘Manage Installation’ from its
- Click ‘Verify’ if you.
- Once GOG starts verifying the game file, they will check for any issues. If something doesn’t look right, the launcher will fix it for you.
On Epic Games:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher, and go to the Library.
- Tap on the three dots next to Cyberpunk 2077 to open up its settings menu.
- Click ‘Verify’.
- Wait for the launcher to verify the files before launching the app.
Once you’ve checked the files for errors, it’s time to go on to the next step.
Reinstall/Update Graphics Drivers
Often, when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time, you may experience crashes due to outdated graphics card drivers. If this rings true, then you’re in good shape. It’s not hard at all, and it only requires a few minutes to update the GPU driver. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click on Windows + X and click “Device Manager” from the menu.
- Click ‘Display Adapters’ to view the current graphic drivers installed on your computer.
- Click on the Device tab and then Update Driver.
If you’re having issues with Cyberpunk 2077 flatlining, then this should help. If the problem still exists, there’s another way to solve it.
If you’re a streamer, you may want to consider having in-game overlaid messages while streaming. Overlays are among the most common causes for games such as Cyberpunk2077 to crash. If your game flatlines when you start up, temporarily turning off the in-game overlay may be helpful. Here’s how to get started:
- On the Steam desktop application, click on the ‘Steam’ icon at the top left, then click on ‘Settings.’
- Go to the “In-Game” tab, and turn off all in-game options on the screen.
- Click OK to apply the changes, then restart the app soon after.
If you’re having trouble playing Cyberpunk 2077 on your computer, it might be time to fix this rather straightforward issue. These steps will help you out.
It all depends on patience, trial and error, and calmness when it comes to technical crashes and game-breaking bugs in games such as CyberPunk 2077. If you feel that the problem is getting on your nerves, then it may be best to give yourself some time away from it until you’re feeling better. They’re not complicated, but they require proper execution.
If you’re having trouble starting up Cyberpunk 2077, we hope this guide has been helpful. If you’re still trying to resolve it, good news!