Embarking on a spine-chilling adventure in “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” just got more thrilling with cross-platform play. Fans of this multiplayer survival horror game have been clamoring for information on how they can team up with friends, regardless of their gaming platform. If you’re one of the enthusiasts looking to navigate the cross play features, this guide is your one-stop-shop for all the answers.
Cross play Comes to Life
The heart-pounding experience of playing as Victims or Family members in “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” is now unbounded by platform constraints, with cross play support available across PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. This pivotal feature allows a seamless merger of players from different consoles to join forces or face off in the game’s terrifyingly immersive world.
Setting Up Cross play: A Walkthrough
For new-gen console and PC gamers, cross play is virtually effortless to initiate. Here’s a quick step-by-step:
- Invitations Across the Divide: Want to invite your friends from other platforms? Navigate to “Party Options,” create a party, and share the generated invitation code with your friends, who can then join your lobby by entering the code in their “Join Lobby” section.
- Enabling the Feature: PS5 warriors can enable cross play directly from the game options, while Xbox Series X|S users will dig a little deeper into the console’s privacy settings to ensure “Cross-Network Play” is allowed.
- Identifying Allies and Adversaries: Spotting who is gaming on another platform is made simple with console or PC icons displayed alongside player names, keeping everyone in the know.
Enabling Cross-Platform Play
- Navigate to options.
- Select the Game tab.
- Activate Cross play feature.
For Xbox, Series X|S:
- Access Settings.
- Go to Account.
- Choose Privacy and Online Safety.
- Click on Xbox Privacy.
- Proceed to View Details and Customize.
- Allow Cross-Network Play.
Cross-Generational Play: The Current Limitation
It’s important to note, though, that players on previous generation consoles, the Xbox One and PS4, are restricted to their ecosystems. They can revel in the horror with fellow platform users but, alas, cannot step beyond that boundary to join cross play sessions.
Resolving Cross play Issues on Xbox Series X|S
- Xbox Series X|S players may encounter multiplayer matchmaking errors.
- Modify NAT type from Strict.
- Perform port forwarding for Xbox services:
- Set TCP ports to 53, 80, 3074.
- Set UDP ports to 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500.
- If problems persist, contact the router manufacturer or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Embracing the Cross play Era
“The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” has truly embraced the cross play era, and this guide is your key to unlocking a horror experience with friends, transcending platform limits. Remember, whether you’re the hunter or the hunted, you’re never alone with cross play.